29 Weeks Pregnant
At this point of your expectancy, you should be able understand the behavior of the baby through their movements. The kicks and thrusts your baby is giving you as revealed during the 29 weeks pregnant ultrasound are enough to let you know the kind of baby you are carrying in your womb.
You will feel that the baby is moving in your womb and you may think the baby is just dancing. This actually the best time to start putting final touches to your birth plan. This could include putting together baby care essentials as well as trying to find the best baby care. You may also need to start parking your essentials when time comes of getting to the delivery facility. You can leave it incomplete so as to include other items you may require as time goes.
At 29 Weeks Baby
Your baby is the size of a squash. By this week, it will have developed as follows:
- The baby is about 15 inches in length and 3 pounds in weight.
- At this point you will feel frequent kicks of the baby and this is a good sign that the baby is well inside your belly.
- The brain develops constantly.
- Muscles and lungs continues to develop.
- Improvement in the sense of hearing.
Symptoms and Body Changes at 29 weeks pregnant
- As hormonal change occurs in your body you may get skin rashes, dryness, and intense itching.
- Mood swings and fatigue may present themselves.
- Weight gain is about 18 to 24 pounds.
- You may find engorged blood vessels in your legs. Don’t worry, it’s normal. But if you see any inconsistency contact with your doctor.
- You may feel pain at your rib cage due to baby’s movement.
- As the baby grows in size, it exerts more pressure on the lungs resulting in breathlessness.
- Continuous enlargement of breasts.
- Increased urination
Tips for the Twenty-Ninth Week Pregnancy
- Take adequate amount of iron and calcium containing foods and supplementation. Iron is needed for red cell production and calcium is needed for the development baby’s bones.
- Sleeping on your back will cause pain and circulation will be hampered. Try to sleep on your sides.
- If you go for a long drive, take some regular breaks as it may cause swollen legs.
- Take foods with high fiber, laxatives to relieve from constipation.
- Consult with your doctor to plan about your delivery.
As it were, 29 weeks pregnant in months is 7 and getting this far with your pregnancy is indeed a milestone. The baby will be home very soon and this implies that you should be well prepared for the same. I know by this time you should be damn heavy but that should not be the cause for your idleness. Ask your healthcare provider to recommend the best exercises for you. Eat well and stay healthy at all times and everything is going to be alright.
Let’s get social
Other Helpful Articles