Allen Sports Bike Trailer Review
The company Allen Sports is named after its founder Dick Allen. Allen started making bicycle carriers in his garage in 1967. Since then, the company has remained committed to high quality and easy-to-assemble carriers. As you read this Allen Sports bike trailer review, bear in mind that their experienced staff construct the bikes. In addition, the company gives its clients value for their money for each product. The focus of this review is the company’s deluxe steel child trailer.
Pros of the Allen Sports Deluxe Steel Child Trailer
You already know one of the advantages of considering this bike trailer. You are buying from a leading supplier that is committed to high quality, value, and versatility. Here are some more of the product’s qualities to help inform your decision:
- It is lightweight but sturdy enough to carry two children safely. You can ride two children between 1 and 5 years with a maximum payload of 100 pounds.
- The trailer has a foldable design with quick release wheels. The design makes it easy to store after use.
- The safety standards are high including the foot guard that protects your child’s feet. Other safety features include a rain shield, large windows, a removable Velcro bug, a padded harness, and a safety flag.
- Many trailer reviews sound great until you read about thin padding. Luckily, this bike trailer had thick-padded double seats with shock absorbers.
- Buyers give a favorable Allen Sports bike trailer review for this trailer because of its speed. The rear tires are easy to pull, which enables you to cycle fast.
Cons of the Deluxe Steel Child Trailer
The child trailer sounds perfect from the list of advantages but it has a few drawbacks as outlined below:
- The ventilation is insufficient. The multiple safety features and durable material limit the trailer’s ventilation. However, the limitation does not endanger your kids when riding.
- Although the bike trailer is designed for two passengers, it is not very spacious. One child can ride comfortably but two may feel a bit squeezed.
A comparison of Allen Sports deluxe trailer versus the Allen Premier child trailer
Allen’s Premier trailer functions as a trailer and a racing stroller. Hence, it is more expensive than the deluxe child trailer. The premier trailer has a universal coupler that works with most bicycles. It is sturdy, easy to assemble, ultra light, spacious, and fit to carry two children. Some of the unique features of the premier trailer include zippered panels on the rain shield and bug and tinted side windows. You also get a lifetime warranty after purchasing the trailer. If you are looking for a 2-in-1 trailer, the premier is your best pick. However, you must be willing to pay more for the premium features and easy conversion.
Amazon reviews from buyers
“One of the major reasons why customers give a positive Allen Sports bike trailer review for the deluxe trailer is the safety features. The frame is sturdy, safe, and comfortable. The coupler is strong and the Velcro bug is durable. Parents have tried the trailer on rough terrain and reported that their children were comfortable. The trailer has large wheels with shock absorbers. Other features that attract positive feedback are the harness for each child, foldable front window, rain shield, and light frame.”
Parents have noted the limited space in the trailer especially when carrying two children. Lack of space can also contribute to excessive heat inside the trailer. Opening the front window helps with the ventilation, but it is impractical in a bad weather. Some parents also had a hard time finding a comfortable sitting position with the harness straps. The harness straps slide from time to time and the rider has to stop to fix them. However, some parents have reported that they had no problem with the straps.
We have described all the amazing features and drawbacks of Allen’s deluxe trailer in this Allen Sports bike trailer review. The bike trailer is durable, safe, comfortable, and affordable. It is easy to assemble, pull, and store. Your child will enjoy the view from the large windows while seated on a well-cushioned seat. You may have issues with space, ventilation, and harness straps but generally, the trailer is worth every cent.
Let’s get social