Signs of labor approaching
Usually the labor starts between 37 to 42 weeks of pregnancy. If it starts before 37 week then it is called premature or preterm labor. The pain may even start at 30 week of pregnancy. So, it varies from person to person, even pregnancy to pregnancy.
First signs of labor approaching
- Baby starts to drop down towards your pelvis.
- The cervix of your uterus start to dilate
- Starting or increasing of back pain
- You may face even diarrhea
- Your weight gaining will stop
- Change of color and consistency of vaginal discharge
- Your water may break
Signs of labor
By the time you are waiting for the starting of labor pain. There are some sign of labor.
It means one hour to a full month or more before labor
- Here the lightening occur that means baby’s head drops into an engaged position in mother’s pelvis
- Dilation and gradual merging of the mouth of the uterus with the vaginal canal
- Persistent lower back pain or abdominal pain, with a pre-menstrual feeling
- Painful contractions or tightening over the uterus that may be irregular in strength and frequency
- A brownish or blood stained mucus discharge per vagina
- Heavier vaginal discharge with more mucus
It means the ‘days’ and ‘hours’ before labor starts. Following signs appear in this period.
- Contraction occurs that may long roughly a minute, and 3-5 minutes interval, which is a good sign of labor
- A brownish or blood stained mucus discharge. It is a sign that something is moving
- Contractions over uterus appear more frequently and more intensely
- The membranes may rupture with a gush or a trickle of amniotic fluid
Signs that labor have started
- More strong an frequent contractions occurs causing pain
- Your water in the amniotic sac comes out with a gush
Is diarrhea a sign of labor?
You may experience of diarrhea during delivery. It’s because when the muscles of uterus relaxes, other muscles of body including the muscles of rectum also relaxes. This causes the diarrhea and it is normal.
What are the false signs of labor approaching ?
Sometimes you may experience of pain but no progression of labor. It is known as false signs of labor.
- Usually the interval between contractions reduces and the time of contraction increases, but here- the intensity and the interval between contractions are irregular
- No progression of the labor
- You will feel the pain as abdominal muscle tightening
- No rupture of membrane
- No bloody discharge from vagina
- Change in the position may stop or reduce the contraction
Let’s get social
Other Helpful Articles