19 Weeks Pregnant
The first time you realized you were expecting everything around you was quite confusing. However, time has passed and you are now 19 weeks pregnant and your belly size has significantly changed. But you still have a long way to go, so it important to remain upbeat until the arrival of the baby.
You might be thinking about the sex of the baby in your womb. By nineteenth week of pregnancy you may know the gender of the baby through an ultra sonogram. If you do an ultrasound you will be able see the entire body of your unborn. And it would be more exciting if you found out the sex status of the baby this early.
Symptoms and Body Changes of Mother at 19 Weeks Pregnant
- As the uterus grows in size it exerts pressure on your back thereby causing back pain
- You may experience leg cramps
- Your craving for food will increase
- You may suffer from constipation
Baby Development at 19 Weeks
With the size of a mango, the baby is developing day by day and going through the flowing changes:
- The length of the baby reaches 6 inches and weighs about eight and half ounces
- Arms and legs become proportional to the body
- Hair appears on the scalp. The skin is covered with fine hair and a creamy substance called vernix caseosa
- Hearing is almost fully developed
- If the baby is a girl, her ovaries will have more than 6 million eggs by this week
- Bones continue to harden and the muscles become stronger
- Activity of the baby becomes more frequent but movements are felt often
- The baby sleeps up to 20 hours a day
- Usually, the baby becomes more lively at the time the mother wishes to sleep or relax
Week 19 Pregnancy Tips
- Try to keep yourself in calm and quiet atmospheres since loud noise is likely to upset the baby.
- Avoid caffeine as it increases blood pressure
- Fruit juice and sugary beverages may cause dehydration rather than hydration
- Avoid artificial sweeteners
- Ensure your skin is well oiled to avoid skin infections
- To avoid stretch marks, consume coco butter. It is also a good diet for expectant women as it also reduces the risk of skin problems.
During the nineteenth week of pregnancy, you should schedule your visit to pediatrician accordingly. Since you are 19 weeks pregnant, it is important to find someone special to take care of your health. You may ask your friends for recommendations and it’s very important to find a proper pediatrician. At this point, you definitely need to keep track of the baby’s development. Nineteen weeks means you are almost getting into your fifth month. Precisely, 4 and ¾, if were to look at it in months. At this stage, there are so many things you will need to observe and ensuring that both of you are healthy is critically important.
Let’s get social
Other Helpful Articles