11 Weeks Pregnant
By the time you carry out your 11 weeks pregnant ultrasound that is when you will realize that indeed so many changes have occurred to both you and the baby. At this point, you should be able to know if your baby is a live through it heartbeat. Well, things aren’t doing badly at the moment but you still need to pressure on as you are just beginning.
When the pregnancy starts there is a release of hormones. These hormones cause various side effects to your body. It usually continues up to first trimester of the pregnancy. It is difficult to feel calm, because hormones are raging and it is possible to feel nauseas. Just remember that you have almost finished your first trimester.
Symptoms and Body Changes of Mother at 11 Weeks Pregnant
By this eleventh week of pregnancy, you will experience the followings changes in your body:
- You will put on some weight by the week.
- Continued enlargement of the breasts, though with some pain.
- Gas formation in the abdomen.
- Reduced bowel movement which may result into constipation.
- Your hair, toenails, fingernails may grow faster than normal due to the excess hormonal surge within your body.
- At this point, you may think that you are feeling the movement of the baby, but this is usually a false feeling caused by excessive gas in the digestive tract.
In case you are expecting twins, probably you will have higher level of hormones. This is likely to enhance these symptoms and you will also gain more weight, something that is very normal at this phase of pregnancy.
Development of the Baby at 11 Weeks
With the time the baby is developing and therefore an increase in your belly size. With the size of less than your little finger, your baby is definitely going to have grown to a certain level. These include the following:
- The baby is about 4cm in length and weighs 7gm.
- The head is half-fully developed.
- The fingers and toes can be counted clearly by the end of the eleventh week.
- The bones are hardening up.
- Baby is active and moves but as it is too small, you may not be able to notice the action.
- The baby swims in the amniotic fluid and learns how to swallow it.
- Ears move to their right position.
Week 11 Pregnancy Tips
“By the time you reach this stage in your pregnancy, it is important to closely link up with your healthcare provider. You may join antenatal care classes and enlighten yourself a few things regarding care.”
May be you have been longing for a baby boy/girl and after going through the ultrasound gender test, you can now sit back and fell you baby boy/girl grow to maturity. You could be asking yourself 11 weeks pregnant is how many months; well, at this stage, you will be closing in on your third month of expectancy. You only have a week to go. The most important thing for you to keep in mind is ensuring to adhere to the healthy rules. Eating the recommended portions of highly balanced diet and exercise are just the best way to go.
Let’s get social
Other Helpful Articles