13 Weeks Pregnant
Sometimes when you realize that you are now 13 weeks pregnant, you become very anxious about the development within you. Well, at this age of pregnancy and although most of this may not be visible, you will find taking pregnancy ultrasound very handy. You will definitely understand the on-goings within your body easily.
Congratulations to you! You just passed the first trimester which is the thirteenth week of your pregnancy. During this week, your baby has almost all facial features and various other organs development. You must be very excited since you have entered the second trimester of your pregnancy journey.
13 Weeks Pregnant Symptoms and Body Changes
During this period, you will realize that the symptoms you experienced in first trimester have lessened up. But at there are some other symptoms and changes that could present themselves within your body. These may include:
- The placenta being fully developed.
- Pressure on bladder reduces as the uterus expands and moves out of the pelvic bones.
- There might be occasional abdominal pain.
- Per vaginal discharge, which is a thin, milky, odorless discharge or with a certain odor that is normal during pregnancy.
- You may visualize certain blood vessels attributing to the increased blood supply in your body resulting from the enhanced hormone release in your body.
- You may experience some burning sensation in your belly.
Because of the elevated rate of hormone, twin mothers could still feel nausea and fatigue. You also may experience some morning sickness. If your problems are extreme, you should check with your doctor.
Baby at 13 Weeks
- The baby in your womb is about three inches long and weighs about 8 ounces.
- Development of the vocal cord.
- Eyes move away from the sides of the head and draw closer to one another.
- The fine hairs that make up the eyebrows come together.
- The pancreas begins to produce insulin.
- The placenta allows the transfer of blood via the bloodstream from mother to baby.
While at this stage of expectancy your belly is still soft, you may need to stay healthy at all costs. As it were, the thirteenth week of pregnancy is one of the most exciting moments in your life. Do you it is how many months you are counting? You will definitely be moving away from your 3rd month and keeping strong all a long is just what you need. Follow the advises of your doctor and lead a healthy pregnancy.
As a matter of fact, your body is undergoing constant changes and therefore you must be fully aware of what all this means. Keeping to the right diet is the trick here. However, you must not over indulge in everything you just because you are 13 weeks pregnant. It is a journey you started well and maintaining the pace is very important. It is obvious that you are going through some problems but with your doctor around, you are bound to hit the last mark with a smile.
Let’s get social
Other Helpful Articles