22 Weeks Pregnant
Finally, there you are 22 weeks pregnant and every space within you seems to be overcrowded. The fast growing baby seems to be taking no chances with every available space. This could be the reason for current symptoms including breathing difficulties and back pain. What you must understand is that as the baby increases in size, your stomach is expanding as well. Thus, you may start seeing stretch marks at this tender age of your pregnancy.
As such, this is just the right time for you to start planning for a maternity photo session. While you may want to do it during your third trimester, you could be surprised that you are already experiencing your labour pains even much earlier.
Symptoms and Changes in Your Body at 22 Weeks Pregnant
- As the baby grows the uterus enlarges and your belly comes out, some stretch marks will appear.
- Stretch marks can appear on your legs or other parts of your body.
- Your hands/feet might be swollen.
- As the baby grows in size, it exerts more pressure on your lungs which may cause some breathing problems.
- You may notice that your fingernails and hair are growing faster than usual.
- Varicose veins start appearing.
- Hemorrhoids may present itself.
Some Developmental Changes Of The Baby At 22 Weeks
At the twenty-second week ultrasound, your baby is about the size of a coconut. The baby sleeps about 12 to 24 hours a day.
- Here the baby weighs about 1 pound and length about 11 inches.
- He or she is still very thin due to absence of fatty tissues.
- The skin is covered with lanugo, a thin hair which keeps the baby warm.
- The internal organs are growing much faster.
- The eyelids and eyebrows become distinguishable.
- The sensory system develops as well.
- In case of a baby girl, the uterus, ovaries, and egg cells are fully formed.
Tips for You at the Twenty-Second Week
- Take adequate rest.
- Continue ingesting your prenatal vitamins.
- Eat small portions of meals and healthy snacks like nuts, fruits on a regular basis.
- Drink adequate amount of water to keep yourself hydrated and to prevent constipation.
- Live a tension-free life.
- If you feel like fainting, sit down and keep your head down; it will help to increase blood circulation to the brain and everything will be ok.
- If you have any hemorrhoids, do not worry. Usually, they disappear on their own. Avoid sitting for more than 30 minutes each time. If the hemorrhoids are painful or there is bleeding, contact with your doctor.
22 weeks pregnant in months is about 4 and that means that you are still on the move. What you are hoping for is a healthy baby and in order to ensure this, you must also be healthy. Do not hesitate to discuss with your doctor in case of any negative feelings. He/she is well-placed to offer the correct advice or medication. Avoid being stressful and sooner or later, you will be the loving mother of a charming baby.
Let’s get social
Other Helpful Articles