27 Weeks Pregnant
At 27 weeks pregnant, you will be actually moving out your second trimester. At this point, the baby enjoying its amniotic fluid breath as well as exhibiting some emotional activities. So much is going through your mind as well including where to fetch your suitable gynecologist or pediatrician and how everything is going to be at delivery. As such, you will need to be ready for some embarrassing moment including increased peeing even when you just don’t feel like it. Whatsoever, this is normal during this time of pregnancy and what is more encouraging is that it is short-lived.
By the twenty seventh week of pregnancy, you are going to put an end to your second trimester. The baby is more active now, moving its limbs regularly and periodical sleeping and waking up. It has also started sucking its fingers.
27 Weeks Pregnant Symptoms and the Mother’s Body Changes
- As the uterus continues to grow and exerts more pressure on the upper chest area, you may experience chest pains or shortness of breath
- There may occur swelling in the face, hands, neck, and legs
- There might be signs of leg cramps
- Constipation, hemorrhoids may occur
- By this week you may gain 20 to 30 pounds of weight
Those woman who are having twins, are in jeopardy to preterm labor. That’s why the moment you notice any kind of unusual symptoms such bleeding, abdominal pain etc, you should notify your doctor immediately.
Baby Development at 27 Weeks
- The baby is close to 15 inches in length and weighs over two pounds
- The layers of the retina forms
- The membrane that covers the eyes separates form eyelids
- Baby learns to sleep and wake up on its own
- The grooves and brain tissues of the baby are constantly forming
- As the lungs develop and starts inhaling and exhaling the amniotic fluid, one may think the baby is hiccupping
27 Weeks of Pregnancy Tips
- As time advances, you definitely need to find a suitable pediatrician to prepare for the baby.
- Try to pinpoint who you think should accompany you in the delivery room. You someone to handle your stuff and getting the right person is critically important.
- For the past weeks, you did not have any plan yet. Well, this is now the most opportune time for you to draw your birth plan.
- You doctor should be able to recommend the best labor exercises for your case. You may take an ultrasound to understand the developments so far.
You may want to know how many months is 27 weeks pregnant. Well, by this time, you will have completed 6 ¾ of your pregnancy period in months. That is, you are now entering the third trimester.
As the second trimester is going to end which is twenty seventh weeks of pregnancy and third trimester will start there is a chance of pre mature delivery. So if you develop any problem contact with your doctor. Rest as much possible while the baby is resting too. Eat adequate food but in small portions so you can get all vitamins and minerals for you and the baby.
Let’s get social
Other Helpful Articles