34 Weeks Pregnant
At this juncture, you must be feeling pretty tired. And by the way do you know 34 weeks pregnant is how many months? By this time, you should be winding up your 8th month; hence, you should continue with your normal clinics while you prepare for the early stages of labor. What you must keep in mind is that pregnancies vary from one woman to another. Thus, there are those who may deliver without reaching the final 40 weeks. In fact, this explains why you need your doctor around to prepare you for any eventuality. You will need to go through Group B Strep bacteria screening in a few weeks’ time.
As your baby can listen, you can talk with the baby or sing a song. The baby may enjoy it and might be able to recognize the song after delivery. And you are almost at the end of the eighth month. With only a few weeks remaining, you should be the most tired of all but this shouldn’t stop you from doing some rounds. This is critical for a healthy pregnancy.
Symptoms and Body Changes of Mother at 34 Weeks Pregnant
- Dryness and irritation of the eyes with or without the presence of blurred vision.
- Occasional feeling of contractions at the uterus lasting for a few seconds.
- The pressure on chest and lungs by the enlarged uterus may reduce as the baby starts to move down to the pelvic area.
- Some women may experience heartburn due to relaxation of the muscles in the lower esophagus.
- Uterus is close to 5 ½ inches above the belly button.
- Swelling of face, legs, ankles, feet or other area increases.
- One might exhibit blurred vision and fatigue.
- Depression or any emotional changes may occur occasionally.
- Weight gain of about 1 pound per week.
Development of the Baby at the Thirty-Fourth Week Ultrasound
- Weight close to five pounds and length is about 17.7 inches.
- Most of the organs are almost fully developed.
- If the baby is male, the testicles start to move down from the abdominal cavity to the scrotum.
- The meconium, which is baby’s first stool, is moving in the baby’s intestine.
- Due to fat accumulation of below the skin, the baby is more likely to come out.
- The baby usually settles into a position where its head is facing down and the legs are folded up in front of the chest.
Tips for the Thirty Fourth Weeks
- If there is heartburn, eat six or seven small meals per day instead of two or three large meals.
- Shun uncomfortable tight-fitting clothes and instead find loose, free-size outfits to help ease the pain in your belly.
- In case the swelling is followed by dizziness, severe headaches or discomfort in the upper abdomen, do not hesitate to seek medical advice.
34 weeks pregnant signs of labor may present themselves any moment and therefore keeping contact with your doctor can be a better choice. As said earlier, each pregnancy is unique and anything could happen so maintain your composure and always remain steadfast.
Let’s get social
Other Helpful Articles