6 Weeks Pregnant
Hitting the sixth week of pregnancy is a great achievement. The moment you are 6 weeks pregnant, then you will know that you are way through the half mark of the initial trimester. Obviously, the baby is developing, growing and changing. By this sixth week of pregnancy you actually know that you are surely pregnant. But those who did not plan for the pregnancy may notice the missed period at this week and test for the pregnancy.
6 Weeks Pregnant Symptoms and Body Changes
At this week some pregnant woman shows some symptoms and some change occurs within the body, such as-
- Vomiting or feeling nauseated specially at the morning.
- Feeling weak or fatigued as your growing baby is taking all the essential nutrients from your body. So you should take adequate food and half plenty of rest.
- By the time your breasts becomes enlarged in size and you may feel some pain in your breasts. This happens because your breasts are bracing for the feeding of the baby.
- You may experience abdominal bloating. You should eat fiber-rich diet and enough water.
- Increased frequency of urination.
Baby At 6 Weeks
By this sixth week you have some changes in your body, as well as your growing baby is also under some changes.
- It is about 4 to 7 mm in size
- Development of face occurs in this week.
- Appearance of small openings in the face which will turn into mouth and nostrils.
- Presence of dark patch which will convert into baby’s eyes.
- The hands and feet are now just buds.
- The spinal cord is developing.
- The heart is beating and you might be able to see the beat in the ultrasound.
Week 6 Pregnancy Tips
At this sixth week of pregnancy you have to-
“Maintain a proper eating habit. You can split your large meals into small meals. Being pregnant is not an excuse for overeating. Keeping a healthy weight during this period is key and therefore you should avoid unnecessary weight gain at all costs.”
- Go to your doctor. You will be given some pathological tests which are essential.
- Check your outfit – It is wise to consider the future; thus, you will be increasing in size and therefore the need to start planning about the right attire – maternity dresses. You may not require them at the moment but with the expectation of adding on some pounds, you will find it quite handy when the time reaches. You can add at least a few clothes to your wardrobe.
- You may want to seek some advice from your doctor and may be ask some questions. In this case, the best way to remember them is by writing them down.
Now that you know you are at your 6th week of pregnancy what remains is for you to sit back and wait for the baby to grow. You also need to understand that you will more susceptible to illness so keeping close to your doctor is a wise idea. As aforementioned, a healthy diet is essential for a healthy pregnancy so you need to be very cautious about what you consume.
How are you supposed to feel at 6 weeks pregnant? Well, at this point, the only thing you need to do is preparing yourself for the long journey ahead. At this stage, the belly size is still unnoticeable but the most importantly, you must ensure a safe expectancy period.
Let’s get social
Other Helpful Articles