Surprising Burley Bee Bike Trailer Reviews By Parents
Bike adventures are a great way for families to bond, and Burley trailers are designed to make such adventures safe. Burley Design is among the top suppliers of outdoor family products. Based in Oregon, USA, the company Burley has been in this business since 1978. For a long time, Burley operated as a worker-owned corporation. However, it was converted into a private corporation in 2006. Most of the Burley Bee bike trailer reviews you will come across feature its blue and yellow bikers.
The Pros And Cons Of The Burley Bee Bike Trailer
The only way to ensure your first bike trailer purchase is right for you is to gather as much information as you can about the product. In this review, we list the major advantages and drawbacks of Burley’s Bee bike trailer.
- The bike trailer is lightweight, which makes it easy and fun to explore the outdoors. Your child’s weight is enough to carry around, so a light trailer is your best option.
- The seat has a five-point harness and a helmet pocket for maximum safety. Also, the seat meets the ASTM F1975-09 safety standards.
- The material used to design the trailer is water-resistant. Your child remains warm and dry even when the weather changes suddenly.
- It has a fold-flat design to enable you to transport or store the trailer easily. The bike lies flat while the trailer remains upright when you adjust it correctly.
- The trailer has tinted rear and side windows to protect your child from strong sun rays.
- You have spacious storage to carry extra clothes, toys, and diapers if necessary.
Be careful with Burley bee bike trailer reviews that omit the shortcomings of a product. Here are some potential issues that should be considered with this trailer:
- The trailer does not have padding for the passenger. You may need to add padding to the passenger seat for comfort.
- The bee trailer is designed as a bike only, which means it cannot be converted into a jogging stroller.
Customer Reviews On Amazon
“Buyers like the Burley Bee trailer because of the top safety features, water-resistant cover, and fold-flat design. The bike trailer is affordable and easy to install. Due to the durability and large room customers also give positive feedback on Amazon. The main complaints about the bike trailer are its lack of a suspension system and limited padding on the seats. However, Burley Bee trailers are expensive, if you compared it with other trailers. But buyers are really happy to pay more for the premium quality and safety standards.“
Burley Bee Bike Trailer interior features
The single Burley bee trailer has a total weight limit of 40 pounds for the child and 35 pounds for cargo. The Burley Bee bike trailer age limit is not specified because children reach the weight limit at different ages. However, children reach the 40 pounds weight at around 4 years on average.
The double Burley bike trailer has a weight limit of 100 pounds. The two children should not exceed a cumulative weight of 80 pounds and the cargo 20 pounds. The double Burley bee trailer can also be used as a single trailer within the weight limit.
Let’s compare Burley Bee bike trailer with other Burley bike trailers.
Burley Honey Bee Review : A Comparison with Burley Bee trailer.
Burley Honey Bee vs Bee
In this part of the Burley Bee bike trailer reviews, we will compare it with the Burley Honey Bee trailer. But which one to consider, however, will eventually depend on your necessity and budget.
Burley Honey Bee is a versatile bike trailer which can also use as a stroller. It is easy to change in a stroller. This trailer is available in red and black colors, where the Burley Bee trailer is come up with black and yellow colors.
Another major difference between these trailers is the parking brake system. However, the Honey Bee trailer has a parking brake where you will not find this feature in the Bee trailer.
In terms of the child bike trailers, Burley Bee is one of the top considerations for buyers. You will pay more for the additional features in the Honey Bee but the bike trailer is worth the cost.
Exclusive Burley Honey Bee Review
Should you consider buying the Honey Bee bike, here are a few things to consider. You can seamlessly convert it from the bike trailer mode to a stroller with the adjustable handlebar. It has a 5-point harness system as well and Velcros on the seat if you need to add its padding. Another key advantage of this bike trailer is the parking brake that you can simply engage or disengage with the foot. The bike trailer is fully assembled and ready to use. However, it is more expensive because of its unique features. It is also noisy when riding around because of the plastic front wheel.
Burley Bee Vs D'Lite
The Burley Bee vs D’lite comparison introduces you to the best trailer by Burley.
The Burley D’Lite bike trailer is available on Amazon with tory blue color. Its premium features such as parking brakes, adjustable sunshade, adjustable suspension, and seat pads make it separable and superior from other bike trailers. It accommodates two riders and can convert from biking to strolling, skiing, or jogging. The D’lite bike trailer is perhaps the most versatile trailer you will find on the market. However, the premium features come at a high price.
Now we will compare Burley Bee bike trailer with other bike trailer brands.
Instep vs Burley bike trailer
The Instep bike trailer features 16-inch wheels while the Burley bike trailer has 20-inch wheels. The instep bike trailer has a minimalist design and is cheaper than the Burley bike trailer.
The Burley bike trailer has extra features including a hammock seat style, tinted side windows, and wheel guards. The weight capacity of the Burley bike trailer is larger than that of the instep bike trailer.
Allen vs Burley bike trailer
The Allen bike trailer has large front and side windows compared to the Burley trailer. It comes in different colors. The Allen trailer has 16 inch wheels while the Burley trailer has 20 inch wheels.
The Allen bike trailer has a larger seat capacity than the Burley bike trailer. The total maximum weight for the Burley double trailer is 80 pounds. The Allen Bike trailer can carry up to 100 pounds, that is, 50 pounds for each passenger.
The Burley Bee Bike trailer reviews featured in this guide will help you pick the right trailer. In this section, you will learn to install, disassemble, and clean the bike trailer.
How do you set up a Burley bike trailer?
1. Install the handle bar receivers before unfolding the frame.
2. Install the wheel guards in the tow bar receivers on all sides.
3. Insert the two bar and rotating pin.
4. Use the bar to lift the frame and lock it into an upright position.
5. Insert the wheels into position.
6. Install the safety flag.
How do you break down a Burley trailer?
1. Remove the flag.
2. Pull the bars at the back to collapse the frame.
3. Push the wheels at the center to remove them.
4. Store both wheels into the trailer.
5. Close and latch the front cover.
How do you clean a Burley bike trailer?
1. Hand wash the fabric parts using warm water and mild soap.
2. Avoid bleach, solvents, or harsh detergents.
3. Wipe dry other trailer parts while the cover and fabrics dry.
- Which bike trailer is best?
Burley Bee Bike trailer reviews can help you pick the best bike trailer. Consider other top brands such as Allen Sports or Instep bike trailers.
- Can you jog with Burley Honey Bee?
Yes, the bike trailer also functions as a jogging stroller.
- When can baby use Burley?
Burley recommends that children start using the bike trailers at one year
- What age are bike trailers suitable for?
Most bike trailers are designed for children between 12 and 18 months. However, some trailers carry old children of up to 4 years.
- How much do bike trailers cost?
The average price range is $100 and $1000
- Can you convert Burley Bee to stroller?
Yes, you can convert the Burley bee trailer to a stroller.
- How does Burley Bee attach to bike?
1. Attach the hitch to rear axle of the bike.
2. Attach the tow bar into the trailer through the receiver bars and insert the locking pins.
3. Insert the tow bar into the hitch on the bike.
- Do Burley bike trailers fold up?
Yes, the bike trailers fold to a compact design
- What model is my Burley?
Check the instruction manual or visit the Burley website to identify the specific model of your Burley trailer.
You can avoid purchasing the wrong bike trailers with so many Burley Bee bike trailer reviews online. In this review, we have analyzed Burley’s bee bike in detail. The bike is worth every cent because of its safety features and design. However, the final decision rests with you after comparing its pros and cons.
Let’s Get Social